Monday, February 17, 2014

SUN SUN SUN!!

HOLA! 

I don´t have much time at all but this week was great!!

My companion was very patient with me as she taught me the national dance for each country in south america. 

I tried a famous chilean remedy for burnt skin and let a huge black slug slide across my face for awhile.

I discovered that my taste buds are closer to my gautemalan companion than my bolivian companions. We have been having fun feasting on tortillas with lemon, salt and ahi.

I tried a disgusting chilean dish called omittas or something. Its kind of like a tamale as in its wrapped in a corn husk...but its different because it is disgusting. Its pretty much wet corn bread with a vinegar taste. We tried dumping sugar on it to help it down...but eventually just ending up secretly slipping them in our backpacks...one spoonful at a time. Somethings are worth ruining your backpack for. 

Chillancito is still hot hot hot but I am enjoying the summer I have now enjoyed for a year straight!!

After a little emergency transfer we received another gringa in our house so I now have someone to speak a little english too! 
But speaking of english...in case you cant tell...I am forgetting mine a bit. Which is good. I feel like I can FINALLY understand and speak this crazy chilean spanish. And life is SO much more stress-free, enjoyable and just fun! Being able to understand and communicate with people is SUCH a blessing!! 

And I realized I am almost 1/3 of the way done with my mission!! WHAT?! How and when did that happen?! Its scary. And sad. Everyday I just fall more and more in love with all of this. And my heart already hurts that I will eventually have to leave. Time needs to slow down! Weeks pass by in what feels like seconds! ahhh sloooowwwww doooowwwnnnnnn!!!!

Okay, I know this letter was like the lamest thing ever but I keep getting distracted here in the internet cafe. Too many past roommates and missionaries to talk to!
Next week I will be more focused. Promise. 

I am sorry for my spelling. And my lack of grammar. 
Also. I would rather just send this email to my parents and then have it pasted onto my blog for everyone. Much more simple. So starting next week you will need to check my blog to read. If I remember right my blog is....swingingthroughlife.blogspot.com

Okay. Love you all!!!

Hope you all had a great day of AMOR! We made french toast and smothered it in manjar. It was divine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment